This Prawn Rissoni is simple dinner recipe with fresh Italian flavours.
350g rissoni pasta
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 tbsp chilli flakes OR 1 fresh chopped red chilli
½ cup white wine
500g cherry tomatoes, halved
500g peeled green prawns
2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
100g Danish feta, crumbled
- Bring water to the boil and cook rissoni pasta according to packet directions. Drain and cover until serving.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Cook onion until softened, then add garlic and chilli and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in wine and simmer until starts to reduce, about 2-5 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and cook until they soften and release their juices, about 10 minutes.
- Add prawns and simmer until cooked through.
- Stir through chopped parsley, reserving some for garnish.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with crumbled feta and lemon juice.
- Serve prawns on a bed of rissoni pasta.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
White wine can be replaced with chicken or vegetable stock.
Good nutrition is essential for the health and wellbeing of young children. We are proud to partner with NAQ Nutrition, the Qld Division of Nutrition Australia, by producing recipes that are healthy, delicious and aligned with the Australian Dietary Guidelines.